Where Did Global Warming Go?
Published: October 15, 2011
Elisabeth Rosenthal is a reporter and blogger on environmental issues for The New York Times.
IN 2008, both the Democratic and Republican candidates for president, Barack Obama and John McCain, warned about man-made global warming and supported legislation to curb emissions. After he was elected, President Obama promised “a new chapter in America’s leadership on climate change,” and arrived cavalry-like at the 2009 United Nations Climate Conference in Copenhagen to broker a global pact.
But two years later, now that nearly every other nation accepts climate change as a pressing problem, America has turned agnostic on the issue.
Read the full story here: The New York Times
- The Republicans vs. the Environment – NYTimes.com (wpvins.wordpress.com)
- Climate change : Where Did Global Warming Go? (environmentaleducationuk.wordpress.com)
- With Deaths of Forests, a Loss of Crucial Climate Protectors – NYTimes.com (policyabcs.wordpress.com)
- Is It Weird Enough Yet? – NYTimes.com ||| (policyabcs.wordpress.com)
- NYTimes: Where did global warming go? (junkscience.com)