Losing Their Immunity
By PAUL KRUGMAN
Published: October 16, 2011
As the Occupy Wall Street movement continues to grow, the response from the movement’s targets has gradually changed: contemptuous dismissal has been replaced by whining. (A reader of my blog suggests that we start calling our ruling class the “kvetchocracy.”) The modern lords of finance look at the protesters and ask, Don’t they understand what we’ve done for the U.S. economy?
The answer is: yes, many of the protesters do understand what Wall Street and more generally the nation’s economic elite have done for us. And that’s why they’re protesting.
Read the full story here: The New York Times
- Panic of the Plutocrats – NYTimes.com (wpvins.wordpress.com)
- Panic of the Plutocrats – NYTimes.com (mccswu.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wall Street Protests a Growing News Story – NYTimes.com (policyabcs.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wall Street Should Instead Protest Federal Reserve (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Protesters Against Wall Street – NYTimes.com (policyabcs.wordpress.com)
- Volcker Rule Divides Regulators (huffingtonpost.com)
- Wall Street Weeks – NYTimes.com (policyabcs.wordpress.com)
- The Left Declares Its Independence
- Protesters Against Wall Street
- Is It Effective to Occupy Wall Street?
- America’s ‘Primal Scream’