Sodium-Saturated Diet Is a Threat for All
Published: December 26, 2011
Maybe you think you don’t have to worry about salt. After all, you don’t have high blood pressure, you’re not overweight and you exercise regularly.
Well, think again. A major study, based on data from more than 12,000 American adults, took into account all those risk factors for death from heart disease. The researchers found that while a diet high in sodium — salt is the main source — increases your risk, even more important is the ratio of sodium (harmful) to potassium (protective) in one’s diet.
Read the full story here: The New York Times
- Sodium-saturated diet a threat for all (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- To Salt or Not to Salt? (foodworksblog.wordpress.com)
- Salt and Your Heart (nlm.nih.gov)
- Potassium Food Sources, Benefits, Deficiencies, and More (webmd.com)
- Dear Mark: Salt and Blood Pressure (marksdailyapple.com)