What the Frack?
Is there really 100 years’ worth of natural gas beneath the United States?
The recent press about the potential of shale gas would have you believe that America is now sitting on a 100-year supply of natural gas. It’s a “game-changer.” A “golden age of gas” awaits, one in which the United States will be energy independent, even exporting gas to the rest of the world, upending our current energy-importing situation.
- Fracking: Is there really 100 years’ worth of natural gas beneath the United States? (3eintelligence.wordpress.com)
- Enviros, renewable industry try dampening shale gas expectations (junkscience.com)
- CosmicLog: 100 years of natural gas? Hype gets reality check (futureoftech.msnbc.msn.com)
- Natural gas and the trouble with estimating fossil fuel reserves (boingboing.net)
- Peak shale gas? (junkscience.com)